There is a reason why glycerin is widely used in a lot of beauty products, such as soaps, lotions, shampoos, body scrubs, conditioners and face masks. This is due to the many benefits that it provides to its users.
Top 6 benefits of glycerin
- Glycerin can be used by anyone, regardless of their skin type. This includes individuals who have oily skin, as well as those who have dry skin or a combination of oily and dry skin. Moreover, it can be used on different parts of the body. It can be used on the hair, face, legs, arms and torso. Glycerin has a healthy effect on the skin and does not have negative side effects like some beauty products, which are loaded with a lot of chemicals. This makes it safe for most people to use. It’s non toxic nature makes it safe to use on baby’s skin or sensitive skin.
- Glycerin helps to moisturize your skin. This is due to its hygroscopic nature, which helps it to absorb water from the air and into your skin. This makes it a great solution for people who constantly suffer from dry skin. It also helps to prevent your skin from losing water. This is important as you grow older, as your skin will tend to lose water and become dry.
- You can use glycerin as a cleanser to keep your skin clean and clear. When mixed with rose water, it can be used as a toner. This will give your skin a more natural and healthy appearance. The rose water will help your skin to maintain a natural ph balance.
- It is cheap to buy and it can be easily found in most retail outlets. This means that you will not have a hard time finding it, even if you travel out of town. You also do not have to worry about it running out of stock, like some beauty products do. Therefore, you can plan on using it over a long period of time.
- Glycerin has healing properties. It can be used to treat different skin problems like pimples or acne. It can also be used to reduce the risk of bacterial infections due to the protective layer that it provides to the skin.
- It can be used as an anti-aging treatment. Using glycerin on a regular basis will prevent your skin from becoming rough as you age. It will keep your skin smooth and prevent irritation that may develop as a result of dryness. Your skin will also be soft touch.
How to use Glycerin on skin
Mix glycerin with a little bit of water and apply it on your skin. For maximum effect, you can apply it on your body when you are going off to bed at night and then wash it off the following morning. Your skin will be soft and supple throughout the day.
You also have the option of mixing glycerin with your favorite lotion and applying it on your skin on a daily basis. This will help to nourish your skin, keeping it soft and smooth.
How to use glycerin on your face
When mixed with rose water, it can be used as a cleanser. Dab a mixture of the solution on a piece of cotton wool and use it to wipe off any dust or impurities on your face. You can do this on a regular basis before you sleep at night. This will leave your skin looking clean and fresh everyday.
How to use glycerin on your hair
Mix glycerin with water and use the water to wash your hair. You can opt to steam your hair for a few minutes before washing off the mixture.Add some glycerinin the water that you will use for the last rinse and do not wash it off. Using glycerin will come in handy if you have a dry and itchy scalp.The other option is to apply glycerin to the conditioner that you use to wash your hair.
Using glycerin on a regular basis will help to prevent split ends. Apply a mixture of glyecrin and water to the split ends on your hair. Leave for sometime.
Adding glycerin to your water spray will help you when it comes to styling. You will achieve great styling and keep your hair hydrated. Always shake the bottle well before using.
The do’s and don’ts of using glycerin
Mix glycerin with a bit of water before you use it. You can use filtered water or rose water. Don’t mix the water in the jar of glycerin rather, mix the portion you are going to use with water just before you use it.
Don’t use too much glyecrin since it is sticky. This may result in a lot of dust and dirt sticking to your skin. It is better to use it when you are indoors or overnight and then wash it off before going out. Due to its sticky nature, do not combine glycerin with other beauty products that are also sticky.