Being a teenager who is overweight is not an easy proposition – it can lead you to feel self conscious and left out and may even lead to depression. If you weigh more than you should you shouldn’t give up – there are certain things that you can do for your body image. Here are tips on how to lose weight if you are a teenager:
- The first step is to weigh yourself. Studies have shown that among those trying to lose weight, those who weigh themselves on a regular basis often see better results than those who don’t.
- Avoid dieting at all costs. Diets don’t work for one reason – when you deprive your body of food you may lose weight but you will eventually binge because your body will tell itself that it may be denied food again some time in the future.
- You should change your food choices. Focus on eating a balanced diet. It should include lean proteins (chicken, lean beef, turkey fish and so on), healthy carbohydrates and lots of fruits and veggies. When you feel hungry avoid reaching for a snack bar – they are loaded with sugar and they will not help you at all.
- Cut sugar from your diet. Sugar is responsible for most of your weight gain. Start looking at the ingredients in the things that you eat. Look for things like high fructose corn syrup (the worst kind of sugar), sucrose and other such names. Be careful about drinking soda and juices – they will make you gain even more weight.
- Exercise as much as you can as often as you can. Join a fitness program if there is one near you. If you have a hard time doing it alone you can ask a buddy to join you.
These tips on how to lose weight if you are a teenager should be able to help you.