Most mothers are worried by how much they weigh on the scale after child birth. Weight gain during pregnancy is a normal condition because of the nutritional needs of the child. In addition weight gain during pregnancy is recommended by the physician so as to avoid health complications during child birth. That being said it is normal for you to weigh more after pregnancy, if post pregnancy weight is getting you worked up, here are a few tips on how you can lose it.
Tips on how to lose post pregnancy weight
- Eat natural foods, most mothers end up taking processed foods since they save time on cooking, some processed foods contain unsaturated fats which will hinder you from losing post pregnancy weight. Processed foods take a greater deal of time to digest because of the complexity of their chemical structures. To boost you’re your body metabolism and lose weight consider replacing these processed foods with their healthy alternatives such as fruits and vegetables. Next time you feel thirsty do not go for that soda, on the flipside visit your nearest grocer and get a juicy mango. Fruits help secrete the necessary digestive enzymes that are key to boosting your metabolism.
- Start an exercise routine and follow it upexercising is your best bet towards losing post pregnancy weight. You can try the following routine. Start by doing a warm up exercise then proceed tomobility and speed movement activation exercise which enhances loss of post pregnancy weight. You can ride a bicycle or run on the treadmill in this step. Walking is also a good way to boost your metabolism, avoid driving for short distances as this will make you lazy. If you can jog over these distances the better, running is a faster way to lose post pregnancy weight. Playing with your baby is a cardiovascular exercise that burns up fat accumulated fat helping you lose weight. In addition swimming is an efficient exercise to boost your metabolism and lose weight. Research has shown that people who swim more oftenly have lesser weight. Visit the swimming pool oftenly to lose post pregnancy pounds.
- Avoid going for drastic diets, drastic diets are dictated diets by peers or doctors as a means to losing weight faster. Frankly speaking they can backfire because they are a short term severe solution to losing post pregnancy weight. In addition avoidskipping meals or eating at irregular intervals can lead to weight gain. When you skip a meal let’s say breakfast you build up hunger pangs and end up consuming more lunch. Take small portions of meals on intervals of 3-4 hours daily to lose weight quickly and naturally. The advantage of eating food in regular intervals is it gives your body time to digest the food and assimilate it in the body in an efficient way. People who eat at irregular intervals accumulate more weight because not all food is digested efficiently.
- Reduce carbs and calorie intake, high amount of these will slow down your metabolism. Carbs take a longer time to digest and most are stored in the body as fats.A low carb diet will most certainly reduce your weight. After extensive research, nutrition scientists recommend that you should average your daily carb intake to 130 grams. Your calorie intake also determines your metabolic rate. The amount of calories you eat should be less than the amount of calories your body burns so as to maintain a healthy metabolic rate
- Avoid fast foods, fast foods for example fries have a high content of fat. Fats have a more complex chemical structure that requires a great deal of time to be digested. As a mother it is advisable to limit the fat intake in your diet. Precisely if you are planning to have beef for dinner avoid the fatty part and eat the lean areas. Use less cooking fat as you prepare your meals to reduce the amount of fat in your food. As a substitute for fat concentrate on a vegetarian diet that is supplemented with fruits. Of course your body needs fats but you can go for the health fats for example fatty fish but also this should not be in excess.
Post pregnancy weight is not doom, with a dedicated workout regime and a healthy diet you can lose post pregnancy weight.