Weight gain is a huge problem for many people. One of the areas of the body that gain weight very fast is the hips. When food is processed and turned into fat, the extra is stored in the stomach, hips and thighs. That is why, if you want to remain trim, you should know how to lose inches off your hips fast – you never know when you will need to fit into those tiny pants. There are research proven ways that you can use to do this.
Research proven ways to lose inches off your hips
- Adding protein and produce in your diet is one of them. Research has shown that people who focus on eating lean protein tend to show some weight loss around the hips. Note that it is healthy protein that they are consuming. This includes things like lean meat, fish, chicken turkey, eggs and so on. In addition to that, you should eat at least 5 servings of both fruits and vegetables every day. Vary them so that you can benefit from different nutrients. You should also include nuts – not only do they provide roughage, they are a great source of nutrition.
- We have talked about what you should eat but when it comes to losing weight around the hips what you should NOT eat is not mentioned often enough. Most of us gain weigh because we eat the wrong foods. We consume things like burgers and pizza without a second thought. Most of the food that we eat is cooked not in the home but bought from other places. This kind of food, no matter how much the advertising may say is healthy, will inevitably make you put on weight not just around the hips but everywhere else too. If you can cut junk out of your diet you will see a big difference in your weight and you will lose inches off your hips.
- Added sugar is the enemy if you want to lose weight. What the marketers don’t tell us is that sugar converts directly to fat once it is in the body. The problem with most people is that even when they are trying to avoid sugar they still end up consuming it in large quantities. Did you know, for instance, that fruit juices are loaded with the stuff? A tub of yogurt has way more sugar than you think. So does ice cream and so does soda. In fact, a lot of foods that are advertised as healthy are loaded with sugar. If you want to lose inches off your hips you have to start reading food labels. Be prepared to cut out desserts – at least for the most part.
- Exercise is no doubt very important when it comes to losing weight not just around the hips but everywhere else. There are numerous videos online that provide tutorials and guide you through exercises that help you lose weight around the hips. The only problem is that many women do not stick to their exercise plan. If you have this problem you will never be able to lose weight through exercise. You need either to find an exercise coach or do it with an accountability buddy. A coach will see that you do your exercises when you are supposed to. A buddy will make you feel motivated when you don’t feel like working out and the fact that you are accountable to them makes it harder to ditch workouts.
- Exercise is not all about the gym. Imagine if you started taking the stairs instead of the elevator? What would that do for your thighs? Or you started taking dance lessons every evening? Or started going on hikes on the weekends? It is all about getting your body to break into a sweat by moving it. In addition to the gym, or sometimes instead of, get out there and do something that helps you burn extra calories.
- Today, there are boot camps where you can lose a lot of weight bin very little time. Basically, there is an instructor who takes you through very rigorous exercises all designed towards weight loss. Be warned though – these can be very tough because the exercises are very hard and you hardly get a break. Do your research before you commit.
How long does it take?
You will often hear women comment that they have been trying to lose hip fat without any success. The amount of time that it takes is determined by how much fat you have to lose, how well you observe your diet and how much and how often you exercise. That said, you should not push yourself too hard. It took some time to put on the weight and it takes time to get rid of it. Do not attempt to stop eating to lose hip fat. Once you start eating again you will binge and you will gain all the weight back.
Your posture affects your hip size
Although many women don’t know it, the way they stand affects how big their hips look. You should stand with your back straight and your stomach pulled in if you want to look like you have narrower hips. If you slouch everything is compressed around the torso making you look fat. Start practicing today how to stand straight-backed. In other words, practice how to stand and walk like a movie star and you will instantly shave off a few inches off your hips.