Metabolism is the rate at which your food is digested absorbed and assimilated into your body. Poor metabolism can cause a sharp rise in the body weight of an individual. That being said it is normal to be concerned about your weight as being overweight is an unhealthy choice.
Losing weight is a matter of the efficiency of your metabolism. To lose those extra pounds have to boost your metabolism to a healthy rate. If you are wondering about how to boost your metabolism and lose weight here are several tips you can start using today.
Tips on how to boost your metabolism and lose weight
- Take small portions of food at defined intervals to boost your metabolism, missing meals or eating at irregular intervals can lead to weight gain. When you skip a meal, let’s say breakfast you build up hunger pangs and end up consuming more lunch. Take small portions of meals on intervals of 3-4 hours daily to lose weight quickly and naturally. The advantage of eating food in regular intervals is it gives your body time to digest the food and assimilate it in the body in an efficient way. People who eat at irregular intervals gain more weight because not all food is digested efficiently.
- Processed foods are a no go zone, most people processed foods since they save time on cooking, some processed foods contain unsaturated fats that will hinder you from boosting your metabolism and losing weight. Processed foods take a greater deal of time to digest because of the complexity of their chemical structures. To boost you’re your body metabolism and lose weight consider replacing these processed foods with their healthy alternatives such as fruits and vegetables. Next time, you feel thirsty does not go for that soda, on the flipside visit your nearest grocer and get a juicy mango. Fruits help secrete the necessary digestive enzymes that are key to boosting your metabolism.
- Exercise, more oftenly exercising boost your metabolism and helps you lose weight. You can try the following routine. Start by doing a warm up exercise then proceed to mobility and speed movement activation exercise a key workout to boost your metabolism and lose weight. You can ride a bicycle or run on a treadmill on this step. Walking is also a good way to boost your metabolism, avoid driving for distances less than 500metres as this will make you lazy. If you can run over these distances the better, running is a faster way to boost your metabolism and lose weight. Dancing is also an efficient exercise to boost your metabolism and lose weight. When in the house play a fast-paced tone and keep up to the beat until you break a sweat. Also, swimming is an efficient exercise to boost your metabolism and lose weight. Research has shown that people who swim oftenly have lesser weight. Visit the swimming pool oftenly to boost your metabolism and lose the extra pounds.
- Avoid fatty foods, fats have a more complex chemical structure that requires a great deal of time to be digested. It is advisable to limit the fat intake in your diet. Precisely if you are planning to have beef for dinner avoid the fatty fat and eat the lean areas. Use less cooking fat as you prepare your meals to reduce the amount of fat in your food. As a substitute for fat concentrate on a vegetarian diet that is supplemented with fruits. Of course your body needs fats but you can go for the health fats, for example, fatty fish, but also this should not be in excess.
- Limit your carbs and calorie intakes, high amount of these will slow down your metabolism. Carbs take a longer time to digest, and most are stored in the body as fats. A low carb diet will most certainly reduce your weight. However the question remains, to lose weight how many carbs a day should you include in your diet? After extensive research, nutrition scientists recommend that you should average your daily carb intake to 130 grams. Your calorie intake also determines your metabolic rate. A number of calories you eat should be less than a number of calories your body burns so as to maintain a healthy metabolic rate.
Your metabolic rate is important to your weight loss aspiration, however with the above tips you can boost your metabolism and lose weight.