Fruits and vegetables are not only significant component of a healthy diet, but they can also be helpful if you are focused at losing weight. All fruits and vegetables are packed with vitamins and minerals that your body requires; however, certain types are high in fiber and low in calories—two important elements that can help you achieve your weight loss success.
Various studies also indicate that people tend to eat the same amount or volume/weight of food per day, irrespective of their calorie contents. So if your goal is to lose weight, it is significant to stick to foods with lower calorie contents to make up this volume. This is where fruits and vegetables play a significant role in weight loss—most fruits and vegetables weigh a lot, and therefore add bulk to your diet, but don’t supply your body with many calories.
Too many people are fond of cutting all fruits and vegetables out of the picture, assuming that all are good for weight loss, but this is really not the case. It is important to discuss with your weight-loss program expert or dietician to ensure that you develop a great plan. Here is an overview of top fruits and vegetables for weight loss that you should sneak in your weight loss diet:
Vegetables for weight loss
- Broccoli: They contain no fats at all and are rich in slow-release carbohydrates, which can help you keep your energy levels high/up.
- Antichokes: They are low density which implies that they have less calories per bite, but will make you full just like other veggies. Low density foods makes full for longer and give you an opportunity to resist temptation of pumping calories into your diet.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms tasty, versatile, and can be put in virtually anything. Because they don’t have a distinct flavor of their own, they provide you with an opportunity to transform them into whatever you are craving for. Irrespective of how you serve them, they will quickly fill you up and add great texture to your meal without contributing many calories.
- Cucumber: They are extremely low in calories and contains plenty of water
- Leafy Green vegetables: Leafy greens such as spinach are great for weight loss as they are low in calories and rich in dietary fiber.
- Edamame: A great source of fiber. Instead of chips, snack on them to lose maximum body fat. They are also rich in protein and will help you in balancing carbs and fats.
- Beans: They are great source of protein and contain lots of fiber. You can cut down your meat intake by substituting all or some of it with beans.
- Carrots: They are great sources of beta-carotene and fiber. They are also great when eaten raw and can help keep you full for long.
- Chickpeas: have plenty of fiber, protein, iron and vitamin B-6. They are a great option of sneaking extra fiber into your diet.
- Celery: Like cucumber, they are all water by composition and contain hardly any calories, so they are great for weight loss. They also rich in fiber and protein.
- Pepper: If your weight loss diets fail because of your craving for sweet food, red, yellow or orange peppers can help you distract such cravings. They are rich in Vitamin C too!
- Summer squash: they are rich in both vitamin C and B-6 and are generally low in fat. They have plenty of fiber and assist in rapid food digestion.
- Cauliflower: They are not only low density but are also versatile; it’s possible to make everything from these veggies—from breadsticks, pizza crust, to cauliflower-crusted grilled cheese.
Fruits for weight loss
- Blueberries: They are very rich in anti-oxidants and will go a long way in helping your body ward off free radical damage hence great for weight loss.
- Watermelon: They are low in calories and are remarkably high in water content. They are a perfect when you are craving for something juicy and sweet. They are also rich in vitamin C and will help you maintain a healthy immune system.
- Blackberries: They are rich in dietary fiber and will make you full up very fast. They are also known to offer myriad cancer-fighting compounds.
- Apples: They contain pectin, a compound which is a great appetite suppressant.
- Raspberries: Are high in fiber and are remarkably low in sugar. They are therefore great for people who are struggling with weight loss and/or blood glucose control.
- Peaches: are high in fiber and Vitamin A. They will also help you feel full hence reduce your craving for food.
- Grapefruits: Although they don’t have magical properties that will guarantee weight loss, they have low calories and are rich in vitamin C, which are two major characteristics of a great weight loss diet and proper health and nutrition.
- Avocado: This is quite different from the recommended fruits for weight loss. They are high in healthy fats and you are required to watch closely the amount that you consume. Avocados will help you maintain low hunger levels and will also stabilize your blood glucose levels.
For successful weight loss, enjoy a wide range of fruits and vegetables for weight loss on a daily basis. Although certain fruits and vegetables contain more calories, there is no need to avoid them as they are still vital sources of so many different nutrients and fiber that will fill you up so that you are less likely to snack high sugary and fatty foods. The most important thing to do is to add to your food dietary so that the calories that they contribute are added in your daily total.