Curd is also referred to as yoghurt. Curd is made from milk and it is very nutritional. It is one of those foods you would like to call ‘all in one’ nutrient source. The good thing about curd is its ease of consumption, you can consume it as whole or you can use it as an ingredient in your cooking. There are several health and beauty benefits that are associated with curd, that will most definitely make you rush to your nearest food store and grab a can of curd. If you are wondering what some of these benefits might be here are some of them.
Health benefits of curd
- Keeps your heart healthy, taking curd oftenly maintains your heart at a healthy state. One of the major problems affecting hearts today is high blood pressure brought about by thickened arteries. Curd helps protect against thickening of arteries reducing the risk of contracting high blood pressure by a significant percentage and in the same breath protecting you against cardiac arrests. Curd is cholesterol free which is also significant in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels in the body.
- Healthy stomach, stomach ulcers and gastric problems are some of the health issues people are facing today, however if you integrate curd into your diet these problems can be something of the past in your life. Curd has a cooling ingredient in its composition that is important in maintaining a healthy body temperature. Curd neutralizes the digestive tract aiding in digestion preventing common indigestive and gastric problems. This is one of the reasons why you shouldn’t leave out curd while shopping.
- Curd boosts the immune system, you probably do not know this but curd contains hundreds of bacteria, don’t judge yet, we are talking about good bacteria here. The good bacterium helps in cell building and also is influential in strengthening the immune system. It is important to note that good bacteria present in curd battles infections that are brought about by yeast and heat and an array of allergies. We all want to have a good immune system to keep the doctor away, why wait? Grab yourself a glass of curd.
- Curd for strong bones and teeth, curd is a dairy product and like its sister dairy products curd is good for teeth and bones. If you have a child feed him or her with two table spoons of curd daily for strong teeth and bone. Even you as a teenager or an adult taking curd daily will help you avoid bone related illnesses such as arthritis and osteoporosis. This is because curd contains formidable amounts of calcium and phosphorus that help battle these diseases.
- Curd as a weight loss remedy, if you are worried y what you read when you step on the weighing scale, you should consider taking a glass of curd daily. Why so? Curd contains calcium which is critical in preventing your body from pumping hormone cortisol. Imbalance in the levels of hormone cortisol is the main causative agent of obesity and rising cholesterol. In addition the amino acids present in curd help in burning fats faster leading to weight loss. Get into perfect shape with curd today.
Beauty benefits of curd
Curd has various beauty benefits that you should know about, curd can be the difference between the average and the spectacular.
- Fairer and smoother complexion, frankly speaking complexion worries many people and we all tend to turn our necks to get at least two glimpses of someone with a smoother and fairer complexion than ourselves. If you want a fairer complexion mix curd with lemon juice and apply it on your face. Do this for at least a month every day and you will see the positive change in complexion you shall acquire. Alternatively you can take curd orally and still get that killer complexion.
- Curd removes dark circles under the eyes and prevents skin discolouration, when you take curd orally it helps you fight a major phenomenon of the skin called skin discolouration. Do you often worry about the dark circles under your eyes curd is the remedy you need today. Apply curd onto the dark areas, slowly making sure you apply it uniformly in all he dark areas. Wash it off after 20 to 25 minutes. Repeat this procedure and gradually you shall notice that your dark circles are disappearing.
- Curd for hair beauty, yes it is true, curd should be your next hair conditioner. Curd has been found to have moisturizing properties that are good for your hair making it gain the lost moisture. While applying it on your hair mix it with almond oil or coconut juice. After application leave your hair for one hour then rinse it with your regular shampoo. This leaves your hair moisturized and looking beautiful.
Nothing beats a glass of curd when it comes to meeting your daily beauty and health requirements, next time you go shopping bring some curd home with you.